The 13 th International Society of Plant Anaerobiosis Conference will be held at Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan from June 2nd to June 5th, 2019. Conference sessions will begin on the morning of June 3rd and end with a banquet on the evening of 5th June. The conference will bring together research scientists from around the world to share their latest findings on responses of plants to impeded aeration brought about by a wide variety of means including waterlogging of soil, submergence, space flight, natural tissue impedance, storage conditions and packaging of produce.
The conference will cover various topics from cellular sensing of low oxygen signaling, improving flooding tolerance in crops, to the ecophysiology and developmental plasticity of plants that thrive in natural wetlands. Conference participants are welcome to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations at the meeting.
The main themes for the conference include
- Oxygen sensing and signal transduction during hypoxia
- Gene regulatory network and metabolic adjustment during low oxygen stress and post-stress recovery
- Translational and post-translational control during low oxygen stress
- Adaptive traits and acclimation responses to low oxygen stress
- Crosstalk between hypoxia and other stress signaling pathways
- Key emerging technologies